The Old Religious Javanese Man and a PhD

Scientist: "All right, I'll give you US$ 50 if I cannot answer your question, you just give me US$10 if you cannot answer my question."
Artist: "O.K."
Scientist: "Answer this question. How far the average distance between moon and earth?"
Artist: "I don't know." (give scientist US10) "How far is it?"
Scientist: "It is 380.000 km"
Artist: "What goes up to hill with two legs and go down with three leg?"
Scientist: "I don't know." (give artist US$50) "What is it?"
Artist: (Give US$10 to scientist)

In late 80s, an old religious man said to me that I should learn from China because China will become the world leader. But I don't believe it because the old man never goes to university.

In early 90s, I read about the prediction of peak oil production. It said that the peak of oil production occur in 2006, then the oil become major power to conquer the world. I believe this prediction 100% because it was made by a PhD.

I think, Bush administration considered the PhD prediction. So he waste money and life to conquer Iraq. Perhaps, he thought that conquering the oil base production will make American economic stronger after 2006. But God has different wish, oil from Iraq does not make American economic stronger but slipped to crisis. It makes Obama has to beg to China.

As the religious Javanese man predicted, China now has become the world strongest economic country.

So, what is the difference between PhD prediction and the old religious Javanese man prediction? The PhD prediction only uses analytical thinking but the old religious Javanese man uses combination of analytical, spiritual and emotional.

It makes me realized that if we only use analytical thinking, we just down grade human ability.

Spiritual and emotional are human specific ability. If we abandon these ability in our education, we just doing a systematical dehumanization.

By the way, we had left a lot of environmental destruction for our next generation. Will we add it with dehumanization?

0 comments: